Summary and Info
CherryPy Essentials guides you through learning CherryPy from beginning to end. The first three chapters of the book offer the basics of working with CherryPy (from inception, to install, to basic usage). A nice plus, which I think more books should do, occurs at the beginning of Chapter 3 where a functional web application is presented. Although short and to the point, the application does give a since of what is possible with CherryPy in a "Rapid" development perspective.
Another good point about the book is that it does give a wide overview of what is "possible" with CherryPy from Templating, to Web Services, and even Testing.
The book is well organized and can serve as a an excellent resource for anyone looking to give CherryPy a look for their web development projects.
* Well laid out and easy to follow
* Explains an assortment of useful tools for CherryPy
* Helps to get started quickly with the framework
* Includes excellent online resource
* Would like to have seen either a Web 2.0 application to be built or an enterprise level application built (even though a Photo album was presented for much of the second half of the book)
* Doesnt focus on a lot of the internals of CherryPy
Overall, this is one of the best books I have ever read. Very easy to get through. If you are new to CherryPy or web application development, this book is an excellent choice.
Review and Comments
Rate the Book
CherryPy Essentials: Rapid Python Web Application Development: Design, develop, test, and deploy your Python web applications easily 0 out of 5 stars based on 0 ratings.