Summary and Info
If you are not developer (or not involved in heavy development), this is not book for you. I thought there is no good SharePoint book out there (as other reviews mentioned). I couldn't find info that this book has in dozens of other books from different SharePoint/MOSS "experts". Glad I found a book that puts together lot of the core info that I had to dig from all kinds of sources.
Book itself is easy read (though you should have some introduction to SharePoint first I guess) and is valuable if read from cover to cover and later as a reference.
It is not ultimate source for the SharePoint (If there was such it would be at least 10K pages long), but will give you good understanding and reference material of core SharePoint stuff that you as a developer have to know or understand if you are serious enough about the work you do.
This book may not be best source for
- Installing/Configuring/Administering SharePoint/MOSS server
- Using SharePoint/MOSS UI and doing stuff through the UI (but may help you)
- Using SharePoint Designer (though may help)
- Explaining all different OOTB SharePoint/MOSS web parts and tweaks
- Explaining all kinds of different features in SharePoint/MOSS (though you would be surprised what tricks it can teach you)
Review and Comments
Rate the Book
Building the SharePoint User Experience 0 out of 5 stars based on 0 ratings.